The GOTP is not, repeat NOT, a friend to students, teachers, woman, the poor, or most especially to our country’s veterans … cutting in half the vouchers being given to vets to prevent homelessness. Once again they send soldiers, marines, sailors and airmen to fight, and then stab them in the back! This is a disgrace! But everyone who voted for the GOTP in November, you go ahead and continue to sleep warm and comfy in your beds while vets are under bridges, they didn’t do anything for you.
This is the hypocrisy of the right, plain, simple and out in the open. Our nation spends $2 BILLION DOLLARS per week in Iraq and Afghanistan! $2 BILLION DOLLARS! They – the GOTP – continue to cater to the upper 2% of the population providing them with tax cuts which would have provided billions of dollars to the nation’s coffers, all while cutting education programs, gutting NPR and Public television, taking away food and medical help from millions of woman and children – including prenatal care – and screwing our vets!
Notice, however, there are no defense cuts. We don’t want to upset the military industrial complex, we’ll pay them their billions and then screw the troops for serving their country. This is a disgrace!
NEVER again will I vote for a Republican! NEVER AGAIN! Not if this is what the party of Reagan has become.
The Republican budget would:
1. Destroy 700,000 jobs, according to an independent economic analysis.
So, this is what the GOTP meant about jobs bills, and taking care of jobs in America …
2. Zero out federal funding for National Public Radio and public television.
Yeah, here’s the GOTPs version of the fairness doctrine. They – the GOTP – only want the country hearing Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck. No more programming questioning what they’re doing …
3. Cut $1.3 billion from community health centers–which will deprive more than three million low-income people of health care over the next few months.
I can hear Ebenezer whispering in Boehner’s ear now, “If they had rather die, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population!” This is the GOTP health care plan for America, only the strong and rich will survive in their new America. Can’t afford health care? Too bad!
4. Cut nearly a billion dollars in food and health care assistance to pregnant women, new moms, and children.
As Reagan – the GOTP hero of heroes would no doubt intone – All those welfare queens in their caddies suckling from the nation’s breasts. You’re done! Go get jobs! Go beg! But we’re not helping you anymore!
I’m confused? Isn’t this the party that prides itself on America being a “Christian” nation? Wasn’t there something about taking care of the poor, and how it would easier to put a camel through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven?
5. Kick more than 200,000 children out of pre-school by cutting funds for Head Start.
The GOTP is tired of taking care of your snot nosed kids. If you can’t afford pre-school then too bad! Your kids aren’t worth it! You’re poor! Send your kids out to beg, like in other countries!
6. Force states to fire 65,000 teachers and aides, dramatically increasing class sizes, thanks to education cuts.
The GOTP hates teachers, and it hates public education. The Governor of Wisconsin, Limbaugh, Hannity et al, have been screaming about the lousy teachers getting rich doing nothing all day! No more!
7. Cut some or all financial aid for 9.4 million low- and middle-income college students.
According to Boehner and friends, if you can’t afford college you shouldn’t be there! Why should the rest of us pay for your college education! Go dig ditches, or beg or something. Who are you to think you could better yourself?
8. Slash $1.6 billion from the National Institutes of Health, a cut that experts say would “send shockwaves” through cancer research, likely result in cuts to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s research, and cause job losses.
Once again Scrooge is speaking from the pages of literature through the GOTP, “If they’d rather die …” If you’re not wealthy enough to afford health care in Boehner’s America then you should just die. It’s a very simple health care plan. Those who can afford it survive. Those who cannot afford it? Too bad.
9. End the only federal family planning program, including cutting all federal funding that goes to Planned Parenthood to support cancer screenings and other woman’s health care.
The GOTP doesn’t care about poor woman, just about their own wives, mistresses and daughters. If you die giving birth to your welfare child, who cares? Not Boehner and company.
10. Send 10,000 low-income veterans into homelessness by cutting in half the number of veterans who get housing vouchers this year.
Boehner – who washed out of Navy basic training – could care less. Typical GOTP attitude. Claim to love America, drive around with your “support the soldiers” magnetic yellow ribbon on your car, and then knife them in the back once they’ve fought, and bled for you.
This is a disgrace …